Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ticks and hot spots

We HATE ticks and hot spots...
Viggo had another one. It's the fourth this year. He was on antibiotics for weeks and now he has a new one. Another 'hole' in his fur... Luckily we found this one in an early stage so normally this one should be easy to treat. The hot spots appear where we removed a tick. Why do those animals exist? They do nothing but damage to everyone and everything they meet! Really I've had enough of those animals ruining my dogs' fur.
Mona seems to be the most resistant to ticks, she doesn't have them as much as those other two. Viggo seems to attract them the most. It's sooo annoying. Every time I cuddle my dogs I find a tick! :(
Viggo wears two Scalibor collars, one collar isn't enough because of his size and weight and because he has to be fully protected seen that he gets a lot of tick-bites (vet recommended). Grace and Mona wear a Scalibor collar too and for them that seems to be enough. But our Viggo keeps on suffering from tick-bites. I'm really worried someday he might get really sick from one of those tick-bites.
Does someone of you know another remedy to treat tick-bites? If we remove a tick on Viggo's body, it always becomes a real big bump...

Grace trying to stop me from working in the front garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment